Welcome

Through the years poetry has been used to help us learn about ourselves, use for personal reflection, educate others and bring forward messages we all should about.

I am learning the power of grieving and the need to find outlets to cope. I have taken to trying to use poetry as an expression of my grief and my journey thought it, with pain, love and hope.

I hope you find some meaning in some of these words.

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Pain

PAIN

Cancer has no discrimination
It takes lives at every chance
We know so much about it
and yet know so little.
Where does it come from?
Why him?  Why her?
So much pain.
The cancer brings pain to the body.
The people feel pain for the sick person.
Pain. Pain. Pain.

Death comes. The disease stops.
That pain ends.
But the pain in others goes on.
It doesn't stop. It doesn't hide.
Memories comfort.
But the pain doesn't stop.
Compassion comforts.
But the pain doesn't stop.
We must endure.
Pain. Pain. Pain.

I am hurt.
I am mad at Cancer.
           Lorna Scott
                 




No comments:

Post a Comment