Welcome

Through the years poetry has been used to help us learn about ourselves, use for personal reflection, educate others and bring forward messages we all should about.

I am learning the power of grieving and the need to find outlets to cope. I have taken to trying to use poetry as an expression of my grief and my journey thought it, with pain, love and hope.

I hope you find some meaning in some of these words.

Tuesday 27 September 2011

The Wish Came True

Last night my wish came true
You were there, right in front of me
I looked deep into your eyes,
Exchanging knowing smiles,
And at long last,
I tasted the passion of your kiss.

We held each other in a warm and loving embrace
Determined to never let go.
I Love You! I Love You!
My wish has come true
You are here.

It's a miracle they said
How does one come back after they've passed?
I didn't care, you were here,
I saw your smile, I heard your voice,
I felt your warm touch, hand in hand

You came to help heal my heart
To say I must go on,
That you are fine, and I will be, too.
A loving bond never breaks
Our hearts are joined forever

A light comes through the window
I stir, and slowly open my eyes
My wish came true, if only for a while
In my dreams you visit.
Come back soon, my love.

Lorna Scott
Sept. 26, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment